Sigma Forces Offers Free Courses and Career Help
Career Help and Free Courses For Veterans and Military Spouses
Sigma Forces is a military spouse-owned, veteran-owned, globally accredited training provider of professional education and certifications. They offer courses and other career help and state that their mission is to “reinFORCE the next generation of industry leaders with a trusted and seamless pathway to professional development using best-in-class training programs, backed by unwavering community support. Success for us looks like seamlessly equipping individual learners, corporations, and nonprofit organizations with the resources needed to succeed.”
How does Sigma Forces work?
The first thing you would do is decide on your course, enroll, and receive access to your training portal. Second, you would complete your training and take your exam online, and then receive your digital certificate and your badge.
What courses does Sigma Forces offer?
Sigma Forces offers the following courses:
- Marketing and Sales – is learning what the customer needs and showing them the products as well as the buying and selling of the product. A couple of examples of the courses are: SMstudy® Certified Marketing Strategy Fundamentals and NGstudy® Certified Negotiation Associate.
- Scrum – is an agile project management framework that helps teams structure and manage work with values, principles, and practices. A couple of examples of the courses are: Scrum Fundamentals Certified (SFC™) and Scrum Master Certified (SMC®)
- Lean Six Sigma – is a fact-based data-driven philosophy of improvement that values defect prevention over defect detection. A couple of examples of the courses are: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (LSSGB™) and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (LSSBB™)
- Six Sigma – is a set of management tools and techniques that are designed to improve the capabilities of the business process while reducing the likelihood of error. A couple of examples of the courses are: Six Sigma Yellow Belt (SSYB™) and Six Sigma Green Belt (SSGB™)
They have some courses that are free, and others have a cost to them.
All of the courses are globally accredited and industry-recognized. They are a partner of the International Lean Six Sigma Institute and an Authorized Training Provider of VMEdu®, a global accreditation body for Lean Six Sigma, Six Sigma, Scrum, and Marketing & Sales certifications.
The courses include multiple formats such as videos, podcasts, simulated tests, and mobile. All of the courses are online, are self-paced, and on-demand. They do have a formal partnership with the International Lean Six Sigma Institute and because of that can offer a discounted course price for their instructor-led courses.
What types of career help does Sigma Forces offer?
In addition to the courses, at Sigma Forces you can find:
- Scholarships – such as Farm 2 Veteran Scholarship Fund, Boots to Books, and V School Forever.
- Blog posts and articles
- Career readiness workshops – these are free for all US military-connected individuals including military spouses. Some examples would be a LinkedIn workshop or a workshop on resumes.
- Groups – Sigma Forces offers study groups, group mentors, and workshops.
Why are these courses worth taking?
There is a big demand for these types of certifications in the current job market. Sigma Forces offers a great opportunity for those looking to improve their hireability, whether they are a service member transitioning to the civilian world, a military spouse looking for a career change, or a veteran looking to up their skills.