Where Military Veterans Can Go for Resume Help
Your Military Employment Questions Answered: Where to Go for Resume Help
Sometimes the best way to learn something new is by seeking advice from those who have been there. Asking questions is how we learn about new resources or can give us perspectives that we might never have thought about before. When you ask a question, you can gain the knowledge you are looking for that will help you figure out what you need to know to move forward, whatever the subject might be.
Resumes are a big part of finding a job. You need one, and you need a good one. You want to stand out from the crowd and let future employers know what you have to offer. Resumes can be a bit overwhelming but luckily there are resources to help. There are companies that can help you write a resume or review one you have already written.
I am in need of a resume review. Is there anyone that can do so in a timely manner?
I am a passionate aerospace engineer as well as a private pilot and would love to find a new job working for a place such as Boeing. I am highly energetic, an analytical thinker, strategic, and a problem-solver, with skills in leadership. I have many skills that I have gained during my experiences as a leader in the military, my time as an engineer, and the flying I have done over the years.
Where is the best place I can go to find resume help?
In today’s world, you can find help with any process of the job search, including resumes. You can find field-specific help, veteran-specific resources, and general resume help. These companies and organizations can help with the job process and make sure your resume is the best it can be before you start sending it out.
Here are a few places that can help.
- Resume Target can help you find a resume specific to engineering. They can help you highlight your technical and functional skills, and put them in a language that future employers understand. They can help you make sure your resume is ready for applying to places such as Boeing.
- Shimmering Careers can also help with finding professional resume writing services for engineers and scientists. Being specific to your field can help with clarity in your resume.
- Hire Heroes USA provides services to help veterans and military spouses find a job. One of the services they provide is resume writing. They can help you create your resume with expert guidance.
- American Corporate Partners helps veterans and active duty spouses find careers. They have a mentoring program, and within it, they offer resume reviews.
- Recruiting & Staffing Profiles on Career Recon for other companies that may offer resume writing or review services to veterans. Here are four of them to get you started:
- American Corporate Partners– They have a mentoring program where they offer a resume review.
- BreakLine– They guide you through resume reviews.
- Combined Arms– They offer resume writing through their Career Services.
- FourBlock – Offers resume assistance through Career Readiness Program for transitioning veterans and their Military Spouse Career Readiness Program.
- Step by Step Guide to Employment: Resume General Military on Career Recon
General Resume Resources
Beyond your special field or veteran status, there are more general resume writing and review services. These might also be the best place to go if you need a quick review or have limited time before you need to submit your resume for a job.
When you go with a resume writing or resume review service, you are investing in yourself and your career. It will help you feel more confident during your job search and make finding the right job that much easier.